Breeding the legs in the simulator is an isolated exercise aimed at working out the buttocks and the outer thigh area. The element does not replace the whole workout, but by including it in the basic training for the lower part of the body, you can give the hips an attractive shape and emphasize the waist line.
What muscles work?
To find out which muscles work when performing the leg-raising exercise in the simulator, you need to refer to the purpose of the element. The latter consists in working out the muscles of the external surface of the thigh. Therefore, in the movement first of all, the acting abducens muscles are involved – the small and the middle gluteus. Use balance board exercises to pump full body.
- upper gluteus muscle (see other exercises for the buttocks );
- large adductor muscle;
- square lower back muscles;
- a wide fascia tensor;
- extensors of the spine;
- pear-shaped muscle;
- wide lateral muscle.
Technique for doing the exercise in the simulator
Element refers to the initial level of difficulty, and since it is performed on a special simulator, preliminary preparation for training is necessary. First, you need to set the weight. For men, this will be 20-25 kilograms, for women 10-20 kilograms. In order for the weight to be selected correctly, you need to set the average value using the pad system and perform 10-15 repetitions. The signs of a correctly chosen weight are a successfully completed set and a burning sensation in the muscles of the legs.
The technique of doing the leg-raising exercise in the simulator will be as follows:
Step 1. We take the starting position
Sit down on the simulator, tightly pressed to him with his back and placing the hips between the side stops. We take hands by the handles and slightly raise our legs to the sides. The back should be straight, and the chest straight.
Step 2. On the inhalation we strain the press, and on exhalation maximally we raise the legs in the sides. We stay at the extreme point for a few seconds.
Step 3. We return to the starting position. The legs must move towards each other, thus resisting the cushions of the simulator.
Do 15-20 repetitions, half a minute rest and proceed to the next approach. It is advisable to make three sets.
Variations of exercise
In addition to the classic execution of the element – the dilution of the legs in the sitting simulator – the following variations are possible:
Raising legs standing
For this we turn our backs to the rollers, take our hands behind the back of the chair and rest our knees on it. The back should be straight, and the pelvis slightly back. On exhalation we reduce our legs, leaning our feet against the rollers, and we dilute them on inhalation. Legs should not move by inertia – there must always be tension.
Breeding the legs while leaning forward
The technique is similar to the basic, but the body should be tilted slightly forward to the hips. The pelvis is displaced to the edge of the seat and we rest our hands on the rack of the simulator.
Adjusting the inclination of the backrest, you can more load the middle or bottom of the buttocks. The lower the bench is lowered, the lower the load. You can also perform the element by bending back or tearing the buttocks off the chair.
Than it is possible to replace?
Now, about what you can replace the dilution of legs in the simulator. This can be squats, cross attacks, plie, steps with elastic bands. Breeding the legs in the simulator involves a visit to the gym, and these exercises can be performed at home.
Steps with elastic bands
For example, steps with elastic bands. The technique will be as follows: on the ankles we fix the tape and, stretching it, we make steps left-right. Further in the rack, we set our legs straight at the width of the shoulders, aiming the socks to the sides. Holding the back straight, we make a squat, forming a hip parallel to the floor.
Leaving the leg to the side from the lower block
As for the gym, the alternative to rearing legs can be to move the leg to the side from the lower block, which perfectly studies the external thigh. For the greatest effect, you can first work with the blocks, and then proceed to the “drawbar” simulator.
Benefits and contraindications of the element
The comparative table gives a description of all the advantages and disadvantages of the exercise.
|Benefits||Contraindications, in which the element should be performed with extreme caution|
|Isolated work of abductors||Injured back|
|Working out of small femoral muscles||Back pain|
|Support in the tone of the muscles of the external surface of the thighs||Injuries to the hip joint|
|Development of abduction muscles|
|Improvement of blood circulation in the pelvis|
Basic mistakes and useful tips
For the training to be most effective, the following recommendations should be observed:
- During the execution of the element, watch the body – it should always be straight. Avoid also any displacement of the back with respect to its primary position.
- Legs should be planted as far as possible to the sides.
- You need to raise your legs powerfully, and to reduce slowly and under control – there must be pressure, and not inertia reduction.
- To the extremity or end of an extremity to reduce it is not necessary, there should be a small backlash keeping a muscular strain.
- At the end point, it is necessary to delay and make a peak contraction.
- Hands should always be located on the side handles.
- Observe the technique of breathing: exhalation on effort – dilution, inhalation – on intelligence.
- Make sure that only the hip joints work during the training. The ankle and knees should not be involved.
- Try to keep the toes of the feet always outward, so the buttocks will get the greatest load.
- Watch out for the outer surface of the thigh – it should touch the simulator tightly. Otherwise, the load will go to the quadriceps.
- Choose the right weight. It should not be too heavy, but you can not get out of the simulator also. The optimal weight will be when the last repetitions are given with difficulty and with a burning sensation in the muscles.
Need to know! The simulator allows not only to work the external surface of the thigh. Knowing some of the nuances, you can also effectively use and buttocks. To do this, change the slope of the seatback. The middle gluteal will work more with a backward deflection, and the large gluteal will work with a vertical position.
Common mistakes to avoid
In the course of performing the leg-raising exercise in the simulator, the following errors are noted:
- mobility of the upper part of the body;
- separation of knees from the simulator;
- execution of movements in a snatch;
- relaxation of muscles when returning to the starting position;
- no delay at the maximum point of dilution.
To whom is the element useful?
In itself, the exercise can not properly pump the buttocks and thighs – you need a whole set of elements. But for two categories of participants, the training will be very useful:
- Newbies. Those who first visited the gym, it is very difficult to master all the simulators. Breeding the legs will bring the muscles into tonus and will enable them to easily cope with the further load.
- Girls. Girls often set themselves the goal of getting rounded buttocks. Systematic mastering of the simulator will achieve this result. Moreover, the medial gluteal muscle is involved here, which is not worked out in all elements, and the mite in the formation of the buttocks is beautiful, which is colossal.
- The men. Men seriously engaged in sports, the element can be used to warm up the lower body before the main load.
Exercising the legs in the simulator will be an excellent help for those who visit the gym for the purpose of improving the lower body. It can be used as an independent element, and in a warm-up complex before the main load.