Kegel exercises: we train intimate muscles for perfect well-being
Most women often take care of tightening the waist, hips and buttocks, arms and legs, but forgets about intimate muscles. But their strong and flexible structure is extremely important! Stretched after pregnancy and childbirth, due to age or for some other reason, they can provoke many unpleasant and painful consequences for the body. But in order to stay in shape for a long time, like her man and herself, a woman should pay attention to the Kegel exercises – a unique and uncomplicated complex designed to tone the muscles of the perineum.
The outstanding gynecologist of the twentieth century, Arnold Kegel, for a long time closely studied the properties of the pelvic floor. It was he who developed the complex, which allows to avoid such unpleasant phenomena as the omission of the internal organs, the incontinence of feces and urine, the problem with intimacy in women. Tightening the muscles in the process of Kegel exercises, you can recover from a number of unpleasant diseases, increase confidence and your own well-being. Today, most gynecologists will recommend to their patients the regular implementation of such a complex.
What are these exercises for?
Kegel gymnastics helps solve a number of problems and is especially recommended in the following cases:
- planning a successful pregnancy;
- preparing for childbirth, reducing their level of pain;
- the desire to learn how to relax the genital muscles correctly, which is important for effectively pushing the baby out of the birth canal;
- the need to restore muscles stretched in the process of carrying and giving birth to a child, to put in order the intimate zone;
- the need to support the pelvic organs, not to allow them to fall;
- prevention of incontinence of a different nature;
- desire to improve and diversify your sex life.
Where to begin?
The most important thing that should be done before starting the Kegel exercises is to understand and feel where the muscles you need to work on are located. See them will not work, so you should rely on their feelings.
Make it very easy. Try urinating while urinating. The place where stress is felt is the pelvic floor that needs to be trained. Such a simple rule helps to know your body better and to assimilate the most important movement on which the Kegel exercise system is based – squeezing.
If for some reason you could not figure out where the necessary muscles are located, you can gently insert a clean finger into the vagina and try to squeeze it. The place where you managed to do it, and you need to train. At the same time the abdomen, back and buttocks should be relaxed.
However, your health should be taken as responsibly as possible. Do kegel exercises can only be after consultation with the doctor.
An important rule is the following: do not train the pelvic floor during urination. The special structure of the ligaments in this case, on the contrary, will lead to their weakening. Properly doing Kegel exercises is not in the toilet.
Complex exercise number 1
This complex is designed, first of all, for the assimilation and honing of the vaginal compression skill. Before you start doing Kegel exercises, you need to lie down on a flat surface, bend your knees and relax the body, especially the abdomen and lower back. To feel relaxed, put your hand on the press.
- Slowly, breathing smoothly and calmly, squeeze the vaginal muscles and linger in this position for 5 seconds. Relax and count to 10 before continuing to do Kegel exercises. Repeat 10 times. Later, when the muscles get stronger, you can double the number, then three times the number of approaches, but more than 30 times (with two breaks) this exercise should not be done. Over time, you can double the time of compression – up to 10 seconds.
- Within 10 seconds, quickly strain and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor. After a break for the same time. Like the previous one, all Kegel exercises should be done correctly, increasing with each week the number of approaches.
- Squeeze the muscles as much as you can, and linger for 5 seconds. Every day you need to increase the compression time. After should relax and rest. Repeat one more time. Every day you can increase the time, and every week – the number of approaches.
- Begin quietly compressing and opening your vagina at your own pace. The maximum time for this Kegel exercise is 20 minutes.
Complex exercise number 2
Kegel exercises in this complex are quite diverse. In addition to the usual compression, you can do and push, and retracting movements of different speeds and forces. The number of approaches and time should be gradually increased, as in the previous complex.
- Slowly strain your intimate muscles, count to three and relax for 5 seconds.
- Reduce the vagina as quickly as possible, consistently straining and relaxing it. To do for 5 seconds, gradually bring up to 10.
- Carefully, gradually and not much strain the muscles as you do in the toilet. Birth women can imagine the attempts. More than 5 seconds, this exercise is not worth doing.
- Slowly pull in the vaginal muscles, imagining that there is a vacuum. You need to do at least 5 and no more than 10 seconds.
A few important notes about intimate muscle training.
Kegel exercises should not cause pain either in the process of implementation or after it. Drawing pain in the abdomen, tingling in the back means only one thing: you need to learn how to do this kind of gymnastics correctly.
The most important rule is regularity. Doing Kegel exercises from time to time is meaningless. Ideally, you need to do 3 times a day. It is not necessary to go to bed each time – this posture is important for beginners to feel and properly strain the muscles of the pelvic floor. Allowed to perform, sitting on a chair, on the couch, standing. And, since the muscles being trained are hidden from prying eyes, doing gymnastics in the office, while watching a movie or in transport is fully justified.
Pregnant women should start a similar gymnastics from the earliest dates. It will help reduce pain in contractions, improve the quality of labor and avoid tearing. Also, such activities reduce the risk of miscarriage in the early stages.
Before starting the exercises, you need to empty your bladder.
In all the good measure. Excessive performance of this gym will only lead to pain when urinating and a bowel movement. It is necessary to adhere to the rules prescribed by Dr. Kegel.
The result will not be noticeable immediately. The average duration of work on intimate muscles, the fruits of which are still visible, is 4-6 weeks.
Muscles need constant support. If you quit exercising, you may experience unpleasant symptoms, such as urinary incontinence. If a course is assigned to correct a condition, it can never be interrupted.
The exercises developed by Dr. Kegel are a great way to tone the hidden muscles and make yourself more beautiful not only inside but also outside. The effect will appeal not only to the woman herself, but also to her man. Patience, consistency and methodicalness – and the result will not take long!