Nutrition for athletes
Right nutrition is very important if you want achieve high sports results or to maintain a good body shape and health, special attention should be paid to the fact that is in your daily diet. This question is especially relevant in our time, in the age of refined food.
Constantly, everyone keeps saying that food should be treated as little as possible, that whole foods are many times healthier than boiled-digested, crushed and squeezed, but few people attach importance to it.
Now many prefer to drink a glass of apple juice than to gnaw a normal, whole apple. And if they gnaw, then why clean it from the peel, while in the peel it is much more than the rest of the apple of vitamins and other useful substances. If you are a lover of juice, then it is better to learn how to do it yourself than buying 40-50% of the drink from the concentrate.
Sportsmen should eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Instead of artificial cheeses, buy natural, if possible Russian. Most sausages and other sausages can also be called artificial meat, instead of which it is preferable to buy a piece of normal, albeit not a pair of meat.
About whole grains in general, rarely anyone remembers.
More often pies, pizzas, white bread or cake are bought instead of taking bread from wholemeal flour or whole-grain bread that will help your intestines work without interruptions and will supply the body with all the necessary microelements.
Practically all people get to buy the same products from month to month, from year to year and this greatly narrows the variety of their nutrition, which as a result leads to a deficit of certain micro and macro elements in the body.
Sports nutrition should contain the entire list of essential substances! Otherwise, at best, you will much delay your desired results, and at worst you will get serious failures in the work on the organization, which can lead to diseases.
Do not be afraid to experiment with new products.
Now such a variety of all kinds of cereals, fruits and vegetables, that if you expand your usual monthly basket in just a few species, then your body will be very grateful to you. Just do not forget that there is no single set of products for optimal nutrition, which would fit all at once. Different people equally normally live and function when consuming different types of food and its quantity. Some feel great eating vegetarian food, others can not live without meat and dairy products.
Most likely, the restriction itself dictates what is required of it, but it is not worth forgetting about diversity, since, for example, those who are accustomed to eating predominantly animal food will most likely have a lack of vitamin C and minerals in the body. Who eats mostly plant foods, most likely to suffer from a lack of vitamin B group, and animal fats. Therefore, it is important to maximally diversify the diet, listening to the recommendations of trainers and nutritionists.
Some slender people have an erroneous opinion in the sense that doing exercises every day or even attending a regular gym, they can afford obviously unhealthy food – fast foods, chips, chocolate bars. This attitude to food can not immediately, but it will necessarily affect the daily health, blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood.
If you are seriously involved in sports or just an amateur, then your diet should have as its basis, primarily vegetables, fruits, greens, lean meat, low-fat dairy products and foods that are as little as possible processed cereals.
Note. Athletes with a very lean physique are encouraged to eat food with a slightly higher percentage of fat than regular sports people, that is, more than 30% of the total daily calories should be derived from fat. This is necessary to maintain a healthy, healthy percentage of fat in their body. There are a variety of methods and regimens for eating the right, balanced diet.
The basic rules can be characterized as follows:
- Breakfast is obligatory! Best of all, if you take the habit of eating porridge during it. Cheese, butter, eggs, depending on the intensity of your workouts and personal goals.
- Since you need to eat at least 3 times a day, then from this minimum it is better to immediately refuse, even if your goal is losing weight. Take food 4-5 times a day in small portions. So, that lunch and snack for athletes of any rank, are mandatory.
- At lunch, it is important to eat soup, even if it is thick. This will ensure the normal operation of your digestive tract.
- Just about the gastrointestinal tract I would like to note that for its normal functioning, in your food should be enough fiber. The more foods containing fiber you will eat, the purer your bowels will be, which means that your body is less clammy, since fiber, like a sponge, absorbs all the accumulated slag from the body and helps to easily empty the intestines.
It is found in large quantities in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, black bread.
- Do not overeat, even if you are very hungry. That this does not happen, you should eat slowly, as the feeling of satiety is always late. And a small snack in the form of lunch and snack for this and are needed so that there are not large intervals in the time of eating and your body did not have time to get bored of food.
At night it is considered that you should not eat at all, but everyone who does sports (especially power) knows that it is practically impossible to fall asleep on an empty stomach.
I want to share my personal experience. In such cases, I just eat some fruit – an apple, an orange or a pear. The feeling of hunger disappears, and the body almost does not feel any load.
For those who work for mass, it is not superfluous to drink a glass of milk or two. 😉 Arnold Sh. in the 4-level diet for weight gain, at night it is recommended to drink 1 liter of milk… Here are the basic principles of the correct mode of sports nutrition.